Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just An Update

     I got a text this morning from Boo Boo Bear's therapist, saying that she is recommending a day treatment facility.  If this happens, it will be through the summer and into the school year.  He would actually attend school at the treatment facility.

     I'm super nervous about this.  I do believe Boo Boo Bear needs an intervention.  He is currently receiving intensive services, but they aren't working the way then should.  I'm concerned that he'll be around children with worse behavior than his, that he'll be scared, that this environment will become his "norm".  But I'm equally worried that without a serious intervention with therapy, he'll continue to back slide on his progress and I could lose him altogether.

Please just keep us in your prayers.


xoxoxo
Casey

1 comment:

  1. Can you get any more direct, in-home support through wraparound? That's been a lifesaver for us when we've had big escalations in behavior. That would give you a bit of a break and BBB extra attention to whatever anxiety or other problem is causing the escalation. Wraparound is supposed to tailor to your family's needs, so don't be afraid to ask them to craft a service that is just right for BBB and you. A disruption would not serve BBB, but you have to have a manageable home life.

    I'm so sorry that all of you are going through this.

    ReplyDelete