Saturday, May 19, 2012

Another Vacation

     It might seem like I vacation a lot, but rest assured, my life is no more glamorous than anyone elses.  Truth is my good friend has a time share and invited my family to spend a few days in Sea Side, Oregon.  She must be crazy wanting to vacation with my brood, but who am I to suggest she reconsider?  Honestly, this vacation is much needed and couldn't be better timing.

      Boo Boo Bear's behaviors have really escalated over the last two weeks.  I don't know what is going on with him.  He's angry and tantruming constantly.  When I send him to his bedroom he gets so mad he kicks and hits and is constantly trying to break his bedroom window.  Thankfully I installed 1/2" thick plexiglass over the glass window (with DHS approval).  I can't figure out what is triggering this behavior.

     I'm also in the process of selling my two cars and purchasing one that hopefully meets all our needs.  This is a very stressful process for me.  I've owned my prized Durango for several years now, paid cash for it.  It was my dream car, bright red with creamy beige leather and all the trimmings.  It's a bitter sweet situation.  The company I used to work for paid my insurance and all the gas.  Now that I'm no longer employed there, they aren't paying my expenses, duh.  But, now I can't afford the gas.  So,in addition to owning the Durango,  I bought a car, a Saturn to be exact.  It gets great gas mileage, but doesn't have the seating capacity of the Durango.  So each vehicle meets one of our needs, but neither can meets them independently.  Super duper long story short, I can't afford both of them long term, and I have to sell them.

     All this is happening at the same time that Boo Boo Bear's behaviors are escalating.  Change is difficult for me, especially change that has such a huge financial impact on my family.  I am after all a single Mom and foster mom, money is tight and there's little room for mistakes.  So, vacation time will hopefully give me some space to consider therapeutic options for Boo Boo Bear, and my vehicle decisions.  Wish me well and if you feel like sending some prayers our way, we'd appreciate it.


xoxoxo
Casey Everly





No comments:

Post a Comment