Thursday, April 19, 2012

Meeting With DHS Certifier Today

     I recently, and by the grace of God, brought my home out of foreclosure status. (I have lots of ideas that I'd love to share if you're going through this)  I've been waiting for this to get resolved before I pursue bringing in another Foster Child to the house hold.  I have a four bedroom home.  It's a 1970's updated split level, which is great for a gaggle of kids.

     A couple weeks ago I called my DHS Certifier, Matt, and asked him to look into the option of having another kiddo placed here.  I'm looking for a DD Eligible child.  DD kids are a bit more work that having a standard foster child, but the compensation can be double.  Look, if I'm qualified, willing to work hard, have the space...than why not?  So, my certifier is coming over today with the paper work and to do his regular home inspection.

     I'm nervous at the thought of another child, but I'm already home much of the day, and there is such a great need for someone with my skills and knowledge of the system.  In the past I've fostered up to two children at a time.  It's been a while, but I think I'm up for it.  Worst case scenario, I go through all the hoops; meetings with DHS, DD Services, bio parents, therapists, psychologist, psychiatrist, teachers, medical doctors and finally court to get the child through the labyrinth of the system, and get them receiving his/her benefits and then they can move to a more permanent placement.  I don't see things going this way, but I'm open to possibilities.

xoxoxo
Casey Everly

No comments:

Post a Comment