Monday, April 16, 2012

First Day of My Blog!!!

Day 1:  Today is the day I begin my blog.  This is my public diary and account of daily successes, failures, thoughts and experiences.  I know I'm not alone in this.  I do have God, who thankfully understands better than I, what heartaches I've had, my fears, dreams and hopes, struggles and most importantly, my future.  Our future really.  Because it's not just me. 

    I think I'll begin with my children and as I learn to blog as a habit and as it becomes more of a natural part of my life, I'll fill you in on how I got here.

     I have three children; Kayla who is 19, almost 20, Maiya who is 13 and wishes she was 20, and Boo Boo Bear (not his real name), my foster son who is 7.  Each is precious to me is his/her own way and each drive me nuts in ways only he/she can.  Come on people, you know what I'm talking about here...

     Kayla no longer lives at home.  So that leaves Maiya and Boo Boo Bear here with me.  Oh, almost forgot our cat "Catty" and our Mini Rat Terrier, "Lilly".  So there you have it, mi famillia.

     Right now Maiya is in her room at her desk working on a Geography project for school.  I home school her through Clackamas Web Academy as of the end of December 2011.  She's been lolly gaggin' and is behind on her daily assignments, which would explain the lack of a bedroom door for her right now.  The goal is two assignments per subject per day.  She's behind a week due to sickness and then laziness.  Soooo, she lost her door until she's caught up.

     Boo Boo Bear is at school.  He attends a special school for kids that don't necessarily fit in at a typical public school.  There are approximately 10 kids of all ages and 5 teachers who are also therapists.  He only attends half days right now due to severe behavioral issues.   Ugh, sometimes makes for a long day for me.

     I started on another dresser.  Just got it all sanded and began the paint process this morning.  I've been refinishing furniture as a way to bring in some extra cashola for the family.  (I'll tell you more about that later.) Thank God for Craig's List!  I can buy a $15 dresser, solid wood of course, and paint it up pretty to resell for $80-$100.  It take some know how, tools and time, but when it's done and sold, WOW that feels good!

    I feel great about writing.  It's not particularly my forte, but I really hope to find someone, anyone really, that has some common life experiences.  I want to help someone with my story and be helped by someone sharing theirs.  I have so much to share and I'm a bit overwhelmed as to where to begin my story.  I think over time, I'll be able to share how we all got to today, me sitting here writing and thinking about how blogging could change my life and maybe yours too.

xoxoxo
Casey Everly

No comments:

Post a Comment